Cancer Informatics Summit
Accelerating research discoveries and improving patient outcomes through technology
In an era when cancer research capabilities and the advent of “personalized medicine” have begun to produce more information than institutions can keep track of, efficient informatics systems are crucial to effectively organize, manage, access and share data. Through a digital atmosphere characterized by inter-connectivity, comprehensive clinical informatics and bioinformatics are capable of improving every stage of development from bench to bedside, ultimately streamlining discovery and diagnosis, fortifying prevention and securing proper treatment of cancers. But significant challenges still lie ahead.
Cancer research and treatment institutions continue to face a number of issues pertaining to informatics systems and their uses, including securing unified systematic databases, weak infrastructures, information retrieval obstacles, high costs, economic and regulatory concerns, ethical challenges and many others.
The Cancer Informatics Summit will bring together leading CIOs, CMIOs and IT professionals from cancer centers across the nation to confront and overcome current informatics technology issues and trends. The event will enable attending executives to network with peers and learn from each other’s experiences through engaging educational sessions conducted in a comfortable, yet focused business environment. A strategic agenda offers the opportunity for critical exchanges through visionary Keynote Presentations, Think Tanks, Thought Leadership workshops, Analyst Q&As and much more. Attendees will meet one-on-one with solution providers throughout the summit to learn about critical products and services capable of solving organizational challenges.
A few of this year’s agenda topics:
- Emerging Computational Tools and Data Modeling
- What Every CIO Needs to Know about Smartphones & Tablets
- The Implementation of ICD-10-CM
- Can the Future of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) be found in the Cloud?
- Strategies for Data Storage, Management and Integration
- Integrating Multiple-Omics Data Sets
- Analysis of Gene Expression Data
- Full Genome Sequencing and Challenges
- HIE Security & HIE Strategy
- Keeping Translational Research Costs Down
- Has Your Data Been Breached?
- Adequate Training and Retaining Talent
- Clinical Innovation, Collaboration, and Value Creation in the Health care Community
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to get cancer informatics issues out on the table, make your voice heard and collaborate with peers on real solutions for your organization.
Subscribe to the Cancer Informatics Summit newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest summit news.